Neatly positioned on the northern tip of Oyster Bay Harbour and just a short walk to the marina, an exquisitely designed club rises from the maritime forest. This coastal casual designed club is sure to be the center of life in the community with weekly activities and events.
Featuring a state of the art work out facility, men’s and women’s locker rooms, full service bar with dining room, wide covered verandas and a swimming pool with expansive views of meandering waterways and Cumberland Island. No matter whether you are a boating enthusiast or a land-lover, Oyster Bay Yacht Club is the premier destination for special events and weddings in North East Florida.
Terrie Sanders – Yacht Club Manager
Terrie Sanders, our Yacht Club Manager is a native to Amelia Island. Before joining us in 2011, she spent 17 years employed by Amelia Island Plantation. She comes to OBYC with a vast experience in conference sales and services. Prior to working at the Plantation, Terrie spent 7 years as a travel counselor with the Travel Agency on 14th Street and Amelia Park.
Terrie is married to Gary Sanders who is also an Amelia Island native. Naturally, they like to spend time on the beach, in a boat, traveling or just hanging out with family and friends. They are the proud parents to two daughters, one son-in-law and two grand dogs. Last August they expanded their family with a grand child!
Please stop by the Yacht Club and welcome Terrie to the family!
For Event or Membership information, call (904) 261-4773
Food and Beverage Manager John May
Oyster Bay Yacht Club is welcoming John May as the new Food and Beverage Manager. Terrie and John share a long and successful working relationship from their days at the Amelia Island Plantation and are now reunited as management team for Oyster Bay Yacht Club.
In his own un-fluffed words John describes himself as a Life Long Student of the hospitality industry, which he calls “A labor of love”.
· Began working in restaurants at age 14 (1980). Worked and learned everything I could about every position with a focus on culinary.
· First restaurant management position at age 19 (1985)
· Opened the Ritz-Carlton Dearborn at age 23 (1989). Started as a busboy (only position they had available)
· Transferred to Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia. Opened hotel as Dining Room Manager (1990). Nothing could stop me know!
· Transferred to Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island. Opened hotel as Banquet Captain (1991)
· Transferred to Ritz-Carlton Palm Beach as Director of Banquet (1994)
· Joined Disney as the Director of Banquets for the Grand Floridian Resort (1996). Had to try it!
· Joined the Amelia Island Plantation as Director of Conference Operations (1998)
· Relocated to Atlanta to pursue career with Crown Concepts Corporation as Lead Account Manager (Learned quite a bit but missed the hospitality Industry)(2001)
· Returned to Amelia Island, for the third and final time, as the Director of Food and Beverage for the Amelia Island Plantation (2006)
· Opened Bar Zin Wine Bar & Bistro as the Head Cook and Kitchen Manager (2011)